Pictures Paints Millions of Words

Scanned vast collection of photographs - pictures of my life. For every photograph scanned there is always a story to tell - as far as we can remember. This is dedicated to telling stories behind the scanned pictures.
%%%%% unedited %%%%%
" MAY PEACE BE UPON YOU "

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tunku Munawir School

I was registered to start Standard 1 in Sekolah Kebangsaan Senaling (on the way to Bemban). However, Ulong Sulaiman saw the need for me to be English educated like him; and alas I was sent to Tunku Munawir School in Kuala Pilah.

Had a lot of problems registering me in Tunku Munawir, however Ulong Leman managed to see through the problems (as my father is away in KL - so the problem registering anak sekolah). Ulong Leman had to 'bend' rules - I remembered this and am fortunate and thankful for that.
Ulong Leman - Sulaiman bin Mohd Zain (September 1964)

So I started Standard 1, with Mr Baskaran as my Form Teacher. Standard 2, was Miss Lee (became Mrs during the year). I could not recall my Class Teachers for Standard 3, 4 or 5. However, in Standard 6, Mr Chen Chee Ting took us through the last year in primary school.
I played in the school percussion band, taken care of by Miss Lee (our Std 2 teacher).
This was 1964 (according to photo owner)
Performing at the "Kuala Pilah Padang"
We were in Standard 4 - 1966
We performed again at 'Kuala Pilah Padang' in 1965
This was Standard 5 - 1967

On 31st August 2007, we had a reunion for all (from 1963 to 1973), even thought I left TMS after From 1. Nevertheless, old friends from primary school were all there; except the girls (who joined TMS in Form 4) 31st August 2007 - after 40 years (for me)
[And they created web site & Forum - thanx to FnD and the rest]
At this is the smaller (normally frequently organised) gathering at Datin Norsimah's house at Tropicana (June 2008)

I have yet to go back to my old house in Kampong Senaling - to look, rumage and scan my old young and schooling photos (if there are any still). When? When? When?

It is easy to stand and take notice; the hard part is to get up and do it! Soon! Soon! Soon!

No comments: