Pictures Paints Millions of Words

Scanned vast collection of photographs - pictures of my life. For every photograph scanned there is always a story to tell - as far as we can remember. This is dedicated to telling stories behind the scanned pictures.
%%%%% unedited %%%%%
" MAY PEACE BE UPON YOU "

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Parents

My Mother
At Ayer Mawang July 1957
Jan 1956 - 4 months before I was born
In my Father's Police Uniform
My father was born in the same house where I was born, in Kampong Eyor, Ayer Mawang, Johol, Negeri Sembilan. He is supposed to be a royalty from Pahang (which we never invesigated). Went to school until Standard 5 and was a Policeman all his life. My young father in his Uniform
My mother was a Chinese convert. The story goes - she was a runaway and my father found here in Kuala Pilah; not well. He took her to Kuala Pilah Hospital, took care of her and when she was well, took her home to my grandmother's house; who converted her to muslim and married my father at the tender age of 15. I was born when she was 16! After Hajj

According to unconfirmed stories, my grandfather was saved from Pahang. Brought to Negeri Sembilan by friends who do not wish him to be killed by some people due to royalty heritage. Originally he came from Lingga Island in the Riau Archipelago in Indonesia.
My Grandfather
My father with his friend at Muzium Negara in the 70s, while serving the Police force with the 'Kereta Peronda' team.
My 17 year old mother - photographed on 19JAN1957

Little is known about my grandmother's life. My grandmother - sitting down My mother - with her sister
At Tugu Peringatan My mother - with her sister One of the rare family photos - taken on 21APR1975

No comments: